1/27/2005

Sleep, finally...

Well I finally moved upstairs and got some sleep. It was much needed but I still had some problems with my leg and foot waking me up. They have been numb all day and nothing seems to help so I may be in for another night of laying awake. If that is the case I brought up some movies to watch.

Since I am trying to type this while sitting in the glider chair my leg is getting more numb so I may have to run back down stairs and grab some pillows off the couch to prop under my knees.

One thing I did notice is the swelling in my back has gone down since yesterday which means that the spasms should be stopping soon. It is wierd though as if you run your hand straight down my back from between my shoulder blades to the small of my back you can feel where the screws and rods are located. There is a definite change in the thickness of the skin from scar tissue that has grown.

I do believe that what ever kind of bug I have had for a few days is finally clearing out. My head is not congested today and my stomach has stopped churning. Hopefully what ever it was stays gone but with another wild swing in the weather tomorrow we will wait and see. The nice thing about living in the Plains state's, if you don't like the weather just wait a few minutes, it will change. We have gone from below zero up to 70F this week and now tomorrow they are calling for several inches of snow.

I did get some work done today as well I worked on a new skin for the blog. I am not sure when it will or if it will be up as everytime I look at it I change something else. I have been using ULEADs' PhotoImpact and Macromedia Fireworks to create it as well as Flash MX to mess around with making flash animations. So far I still suck at it, but someday!!!

My wife had to work this evening so it is just me and the boys. We watched some TV and screwed around mostly. The oldest earned himself an early bedtime with no reading allowed for being a smart ass. When he got home from school he made himself a snack and then left everything in the sink. When I saw the mess later on I asked him to come clean it up which of course was met with the usual tirade of "it's not my mess..." His only problem is that neither his mother or I eat Tuna fish, which is what he made himself for a snack. Oooops! Instead of owning up to the mistake and cleaning up he decided to be a smartass and dig the hole deeper. I let him take his shower and then sit and relax to watch "The Apprentice" which he loves to watch and just about the time the show was getting good and he probably thought I had forgotten about the early bedtime, I told him to head to his room. LOL!

I hate having to discipline but it must be done. What I REALLY hate is people who tell me that my wife and I are to strict and that we should loosen up. Especially when the person making the comment has no kids. Neither my wife or I hit our kids nor do we mess around. When we say something we expect it to be done without question, the rules are simple and understood by my kids. I want my kids to have fun growing up, but I also have to prepare them for life beyond my house someday. That is not going to happen by being their "friend." They have plenty of time to play and we have provided them with a comfortable home to do so. They both have their own rooms as well as anything they need. They are allowed to have friends stay over, play sports or whatever. All they are required to do to be able to have those things is to maintain good grades (85%+), do their chores and be respectful of their parents.

Anyway, I think I have babbled enough this evening.

No comments: