1/12/2005

Movable Type and FREE WEB SPACE???

Well I downloaded Movable Type and uploaded it to my server and followed the install instructions to the "T". I spent a bit of time last night working on it but to no avail. I will have to call my hosting company today and find out WTF I am doing wrong. When I try to access the files through my browser I get the dreaded forbidden error. I was to tired to really sit and mess with it though so I figured I would work on it today.

I also wanted to post this link to 1and1.com who I currently have an account with. While there are tons of companies offering space dirt cheap, a lot of them do not offer free domain names with the account or the amount of bandwidth that these people offer. Their base Linux package is quite good IMHO right now they are offering 6 months free of their Business Package which is 2GB space and 50GB bandwidth, more then enough for a blog!!! It is free for 6 months and the only thing you need the credit card for is to register your domain, unless you transfer an existing one.

I do not work for them and I get squat for posting this about them. I do however believe that when I find something that is worth it I have to pass along the information. Give them a try, you have nothing to lose.

No comments: