1/16/2005

Aren't they all the same?

Well I belong to several different sites that help drive traffic to your blog. So far I am happy for the most part with the ones I have joined, but it is the ones that I have passed on I thought I would cover quickly.

It seems there are a few out there that promise more then seems possible, almost like a Ponzi Scheme. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Now, this is just my opinion on the crappy ones and it is not influenced by anything other then they plain suck.
So far I have stumbled across

Fuelclicks which is by far THE WORST one I have found. Most of the sites are not blogs, in fact I cannot recall seeing any, they are mostly other crappy ads. They do have an upgrade available for only $4 a month and while you get some extra stuff like credits each month I cannot get over the fact that it is a site filled with ads.

trafficpods is another site that on the surface seems ok, but they have a bunch of ads and they are a very young site. They just launched on Jan 2, so you get to see the same sites over and over. They also do not have a very decent upgrade selection, in fact they have only 1 choice and it is $19.99 per month.

Clicksmatrix is another scam site that is full of ads, as well they allow pop-ups on their sites. In the few sites I checked every one had a pop up. They do offer an upgrade for $5 per month which will give you free credit good for clicks or impressions but again with all the ads is it really worth it?

Traffic Syndicate is another site that is tons of ads and little if any blogs. They do have 2 levels of membership but the cheap one (gold) is $14.99 month and the other (platinum) is $24.99 a month. My beef with the upgrades (other then the high price) is that no where before clicking the "pay now" button did I see information on what you get for the price. They also have payment through Clickbank and if you use that method they do add extra fees.

This is just a small bit on some of the sites I have checked out. Right now it seems that the best bet for free or an upgraded service would be with ,
Blog Explosion or Wolf Surfer. All have decent free packasges, multiple levels of upgrades and the ability to buy credits cheaply. Wolf Surfer does have pages other then blogs, generally cheesy ads, but they also have a page where you can buy credits from other surfers dirt cheap. I grabbed 10,000 credits for $5US.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Thanks for the rundown on the traffic services!