1/04/2005

AIM DocFinder

AIM DocFinder

Well since I am on a kick about meds I should add the doctors...

I just received the new
Mens Health and they have a several page article on "8 Things Your Doctor Won't Tell You." A few of them discuss the fact that some doctors will not prescribe generic meds because when they write the prescription for the real deal the company that manufactures that drug has "incentive's" for them. My brother is a former rep for a very large world wide company and the stories he has told me about the money he was given to take care of the docs seems to confirm what this article covers.

All that is fine and dandy but they really hit the nail on the head when they talk about doctors who have been disciplined by their states medical boards or had any other disciplinary actions taken against them. The link above will take you to a page where you can search several databases for information in your state about your doctors. Face it, some doctors are not going to blurt out that they have had a problem in the past and most patients probably do not think to ask. I was relieved but not surprised to find that none of my doctors have had any issues with my states (or any states) medical boards.

If you have a subscription to the magazine I highly recommend the article and if you do not get it, when you hit the check out stand at the super market you should grab it.

No comments: