1/21/2005

The PDR is here...

I got my Physicians Desk Reference today. I ordered the pocket edition but I would like to see the pocket that this thing would fit in to.

It is a great tool to have around if you are someone or have someone in your house who is on any medication. It lists over the counter meds as well as prescriptions which is helpful for this time of the year. You would not think any OTC would be a problem but you would be surprised, I know I was.

This morning the pain is not bad but I was so tired that I fell asleep in the chair. The restless leg syndrome is back though and I would say that it is worse then the pain at times. Just when you are about to fall asleep your leg will spasm and "kick" out which wakes you up. When it is the right leg it is not so bad but when it is the left leg the pain shoots straight up the back, up to about a 6 or 7 and that will last for a good half hour until the meds control it again.

We need to take my son to "Dicks Sporting Goods" tonight to exchange his rollerblades and then my wife wants to use some of her gift certificates. I am not sure I am up to walking around that much but I don't feel like sitting around the house all night either.


2 comments:

o said...

PDR is a great thing to have...

Go out...stay active! I know easier said than done...

opforsoldier said...

It is a lot easier said then done and believe me if I could I would. Activity can cause the symptoms to become worse as well as cause a flair up which is painful. Of course I top that off with the fusion/hardware in my spine that limits range of motion and physical ability.

As someone who was quite active prior to this it kills me to not be able to do the things I really liked to do.