1/15/2005

A rarity...


I had the chance yesterday to visit with a fellow arachnoiditis patient, he is the husband of one of my mothers friends. Since there are so few of us out there (thankfully) it is rare to meet someone with this condition outside of the internet and sites like COFWA.

I gave him a call and we chatted for a good hour or so about how we came to have the condition and what doctors have been able to do for us to at least make us comfortable. It was a good conversation and I hope that we are able to keep in touch since we live 2000 miles apart. I did direct him to my blog and hope that he does come by to say hi.

Speaking of this blog, I am thankful for having such a place to let people know about these conditions. Since I started this blog in August I have seen my readership jump from a handful on in to the thousands a day, and for that I am thankful. I am sure many of them are just readers clicking through some of the sites like blog explosion or Blogclicker.com, but since I own my domain space I am able to see where they are coming from, and over the last several weeks I have seen a big increase in search engines like Google, Yahoo! and a few others. It is nice to know that my site is moving up in the rankings of some of the search engines.

If you ended up here because you are looking for information, by all means please leave me a comment. If there is something you would like to see on this site, let me know.

2 comments:

Saija said...

well i think you have done a super job on your site and the information you find for us all . . . as you know, i am checking in all the time to see how the new meds work on you ... it may be something we ask leo's doctor about on our next visit ... i did a post on "visit to the doctor" - at the beginning of the week, describing how uncomfortable something normal like that is to someone in chronic pain ... the "normal" becomes something leo only wistfully thinks of ... but as with everything - a person does adjust ... you have given me a little bit of hope with the kadian - maybe leo could be a bit more comfortable - maybe?

opforsoldier said...

Thanks!

It is difficult at times to explain to someone what kind of pain you are having but at the same time I have learned a new respect for others in pain. Having someone who can understand what you are dealing with is reassuring. It is also a great way to learn about new meds/procedures! If Leo does get prescribed Kadian make sure that whatever it is replacing you titrate over a period of time. That was my problem going from Oxy to Kadian and for a few days it just flat out sucked.

I talked to my Doc about the TENS machine and he is getting with my insurance carrier to see what we need to do, so it may take a few weeks before I see one. I also called them about getting a cane. While they are fairly inexpensive (about $60 US) they will pay up to 90% of the cost.