1/09/2005

Previously...

Well as I have written about before, keeping your weight in check is important. A key factor in that for me is quality of life. Without it you tend to just sit around, not necessarily feeling sorry for yourself but more because that is about all you can do without a good pain management program.

Since we changed all my meds up I have been feeling more like myself and obviously getting up and about to do more. It has been a little more then a month since the change and I have dropped 17lbs. To put this in perspective, I am 6' tall with broad shoulders and spent most of my adult life at 180lbs. When I got hurt I slowly got up to about 200lbs and after the arachnoiditis I was about 220lbs. Since the med change I am within a few pounds of the 195lb mark again and am working for the 190lb mark where I will be perfectly happy.

The hardest part of it all is finding a diet that works with you. Especially when getting to the gym is difficult and when you do make it you cannot workout like you would want. Hitting the weights is a no-go so it is the bike most of the time unless they have the stretching class going on and a space for me. I am pretty sure I have peddled halfway around the globe by now...

No comments: