1/18/2005

Anti-Spyware

I am sure most of you are running a spyware program on your computer and if you are not you really should be.

Since my computers are also my livelihood I keep them updated with the latest version of
Spybot, that is until last night. While surfing Blogexplosion I came across a site (sorry, forgot to CTRL-D) that tested Spybot as well as several other anti-spyware programs versus the new Microsoft beta spyware package. I figured what the heck, I would give it a whack. I mean what's the worst that is going to happen? I have to un-install and re-install Spybot?

Well I am a believer now. I run spybot every day before logging in so I was always confident that I was good to go. When I ran Microsoft's product it found spyware/potential spyware that Spybot did not. Since it is a free beta test right now I am hoping that means the release of it will be even better.

I highly recommend checking it out and seeing for yourself what it can do.

No comments: