12/01/2004

New URL's

Well I was hoping to get some blogger software and move this on to my own domain but after checking it seems that it would be more of a pain in the ass then arachnoiditis! So I bought my own domain and got a deal on 25 .info domains as well. Right now I own about 10 and will figure out the rest tomorrow or the next day. I just need to come up with some decent names and then see if they have been registered yet. The whole thing only takes about a minute per domain name.

The first 2 .info domains I got I just redirected to this blog. The first one is ihavearachnoiditis.info and the other is ihavespondylolisthesis.info. If you type either in to your browser they will redirect to here. I did include the meta info for them and as soon as the software I ordered gets here I will get them listed on google and other engines. My hope is that by having the conditions in the URL they will sooner or later end up in the top 25 rankings but I would love to see top 10!

Ultimately I would like to have a site where several of us are contributing daily to it, much like the blog format to we are using as well as medical information. I know there are some good sites out there on this stuff but very few are done from the perspective of the patients or the family members affected.

No comments: