12/01/2004

New meds...

I just got back from the doctors office and after 2 years of bouncing back and forth on tylenol based meds I am done with them. The nurse practitioner, my wife and I sat down and discussed the different meds and what they could do for me. She then switched some of the meds I am on and prescribed some new ones for pain that do not have tylenol in them.

I also gave her some information from Dr. Smith on the studies that she has done on arachnoiditis patients and the pain they have and what kind of meds they might be taking. She put it in my medical records for future use on the off chance that I see someone else for this.

It was a great visit and I really feel we are breaking ground in treating this and I look forward to regaining some control over what goes on.

No comments: