12/06/2004

I could get used to this

Another day with very limited pain. I would say the only thing that has not been fixed by the meds is the numbness in my left foot. I would ask the doc's for some neurontin but not after reading the reports and the hearing about the class action suit.

I also did some paperwork today and contacted a few attorneys who specialize in medical malpractice. Since it was not there prior to the ESI's, myleogram or surgery I don't think it would be hard to prove that one if not all of those actions caused it. Now I would probably not be inclined to file a malpractice suit but I was never informed of the possibility of this from any of the doctors performing the procedures. I also face the lifetime of pain, meds and inability to work in my former and chosen profession. We will see what happens as this goes along.

Tomorrow my wife has an appointment with my doctor and she is going to see about the chances of having her approve a handicap placard for the winter. I do not mind walking from the far end of the parking lot but even with the new meds the cold air can get to me. I also do not want to risk a slip and fall which will make things that much worse. Once the spring rolls around and the cold weather and ice are gone I would be glad to go back to parking wherever there is a spot.

I took the boys out for dinner this evening. Just to a local restaurant (where my wife works) which is only about a mile from the house, but I waited until the meds wore off (12 hours) and made it a quick in and out. Fortunately it is not cold out (50's) so even with the lap in the med time it was not too bad. I won't be doing this too often though as even with just the hours lapse it was enough to know it. It was nice however to get out of the house for even just an hour.

Hopefully I will hear back from the attorney's in the next few days.

2 comments:

Saija said...

so you don't drive when you take your meds? my husband drives and he is never without the ms contin in his system . . . though the past 3 years he hasn't gone out much, but occasionally he still does drive his truck . . . because of his pain levels, the meds don't impair his abilities, and i think he drives a lot better than i do . . .

i was just wondering about the driving part . . . saija

opforsoldier said...

I don't drive unless I really have too and then I plan in advance, don't take the meds and keep the trip short. Anywhere I go I have at least my youngest son with me (2) and usually both the boys (the other is 11). I would hate to have something happen while I was driving and on the meds. My wife works from 4pm until close so she is home during the day if I need to go somewhere.