3/28/2005

Never let it be said...

That my being a pack rat would not pay off.

In the middle of posting something tonight my wireless card crapped out on me. After an hour of trying to un-install and re-install the drivers for it I decided that the card was dead. Of course that whole time had a looked down and to the left I would have seen it's little power light was no longer lit and saved some time and frustration.

Have no fear! When I got my new modem from Southwestern Bell they sent me a wireless card with it. Why? I have no idea but I did not have to pay for it, and they would not take it back so it went into the "closet" for that day when I might need it.

Well today was that day. After a bit of moving some boxes I found it! I took it out of it's little case, plugged it in and was off and running as soon as I could remember my 128bit WEP key.

No comments: