3/29/2005

Field trips and fresh air...

I am sitting here watching my son play the piano. It is pretty much the first time in 2 weeks he and I have been alone. My oldest had a weeks spring break, 2 days of school and then 5 days for Easter recess but is back in school today. I figure we will veg out for the day and since this is mom's Friday I will make my 5 Spice Chicken with some stir fried veggies and sticky rice for dinner.

The oldest was supposed to go to a band clinic with the school band today but it is 30 miles south of us and the parents are having to drive the kids down and back. While he could get a ride with one of the other kids he was not keen on going, it is 12 hours long and they do not expect to be back until almost 9pm this evening. I think this was the first time I have been given a permission slip and asked "do I have to go?"

I did sleep a bit better last night then normal. I got to bed about the same time I usually do so the only thing I can think of is the fresh air that I got yesterday. It was a wonderful 70F/21C here with a slight breeze so I opened all the windows and turned on the attic fan and let the house air out from the winter.

I also talked to the nurse at the doctors office yesterday about the lamictal and the sudden rash I developed after increasing the dose. They want me to back off of it a little each night for 3-4 days and then come in and see them to figure out another prescription. I am not sure I want to be on another anti-seizure medication for the nerve damage. None of the ones I have been on seem to help any and all of them are expensive.

No comments: