3/02/2005

Four day weekend..

Well the kids have a four day weekend. Since it is the end of the marking period they are having parent/teacher conferences on Thursday & Friday. I figure we will take the boys to the bookstore on one of the days and maybe play a game or two on another day but that leaves 2 days to figure out something to do.

I thought maybe I would finish planting my starters for the Spring garden and have the oldest help me. He likes to do some gardening type things and should be willing to give me a hand. I think he enjoys the artisan things like I do, baking, brewing (he helped me make the soda in the brewery) and gardening. This year I have some herbs and peppers that I will be growing. I would like to do some tomatoes and corn but they do not last long around here with all the cats/rabbits that come around and I do not have the patience any more to deal with varmints so I grow things that I can put in pots and keep away from them!

I thought I might also spend some time with him showing him CSS since he has gotten a pretty firm grasp on HTML.

We will see what the weekend brings.

I have some Poblanos, Jalapenos & Serrano's and then for the herbs I bought the usual Sage, Rosemary, Chives, Marjoram, Flat leaf parsley, Basil, Spearmint (great for Iced Tea), Dill, Cilantro/Corriander, Lavender & Fennel. We are starting from seeds as I do not seem to have luck with the starters. If these start well I might add some others to the group.

I built a shelf for them and have some grow lights for when they start to take off and once they do I will move them outside. I figure since I love to cook and make my own hotsauces that I would grow some of the herbs I like and the peppers I use. I would add some of the other peppers but until the youngest is old enough to understand I will keep them away. The last thing I need is a 2 year old with a Scotch Bonnet or something like it. Ouch!

No comments: