3/28/2005

Lamictal can be fatal...

Under the advice of my doctor, the crackpot, I upped the dose of lamictal to 75mg at bedtime. Besides the fact that this is yet another medication like neurontin that does not seem to work for me, it has a rather serious side effect, a rash, that can be fatal.

I have been on the lamictal for 4 weeks and started with a 25mg dose and every 2nd week we add 25mg until we are at 100mg daily. Late last week I upped the dose to 75mg and since then have developed an itching that I cannot explain and a rash on my right hand and the index, middle and ring finger. It is an annoying rash that I first thought might be dry skin, but it is the only place that it is affecting. I also drink more then a suggested daily intake of water to counter the effects some of my meds have of dehydration.

Before I get all panicky though I am going to call the doctor and see what he says.

No comments: