10/19/2004

Where are all the damned Wi-Fi spots?

Since I am home most of the time and generally only get out for things like groceries or doctors visits my wife has been somewhat tenacious in her efforts to get me out a little more. It's not that I don't want to go out but I am cautious as I never know when the pain will kick in or get worse. If it happens while I am out there is generally no place for me to stop and rest for a long bit.

She is getting ready to run out and buy some stuff she needs for work and asked if I would like to go out as well. I figured I would look for some Wi-Fi spots in the area she is going to and found NADA. Not the starbucks, not the Barnes & Nobles, nothing. This is not a small area we are going to either, the area has a population well in excess of 100,000 people so you would think there would be someplace.

If I could find one I could just grab a cup of coffee and sit down and surf while she shops. Oh well.

No comments: