10/16/2004

Cat nap

So I changed the name of the recliner or actually gave it a name, the Monster chair. It has a snooze monster lurking in it somewhere. I sat down with the baby and 2 hours later I woke up with him saying "daddy", he climbed down and went to my wife and the next 3 hours is a blur. Guess a 5 hour nap works for me.

Got a call from Home Depot about the new patio doors. We are replacing the sliding doors with French doors with double pained glass with enclosed blinds. They said that there will be about a 3" gap at the top of the door and since we have siding on the house it will be noticeable. I need to see how much it would be to add a small strip of siding and if that does not work maybe we could find a paint to match the siding. We really want the doors as they will be more appealing if we decide to sell, they are rated R-8 which is much better then the current sliders and best of all we can get rid of the ugly ass drape over the sliders. I also found some film that can be applied to the doors to give better UV protection as well as increase some of the R value. We will cruise by on Monday to see what the options are or if they have a similar door that will fit the space.

No comments: