10/05/2004

Much needed relief

I awoke this morning rather sore from yesterdays mishap and the freezing temps we are having at night. Now I need to break out the humidifier as well. Seems the one we have running off the furnace is not doing a good job. I spent some of the night with a very dry cough.

Anyway, I came downstairs about 0600 and grabbed some coffee and a bagel and set about catching up on the mornings blog reading. While I was rummaging through the cabinet I found some Lortab 7.5/500's that I forgot I had. Normally I do not like it as it leaves you "woozy" but this morning it was a welcome find. It is providing the perfect level of relief so I can continue the days chores.

I am a technical recruiter when I am not being dad to my wonderful boys (11 & 2)and I run a database that has all the info I use daily. Since I bought the new computer I need to get it up to speed with all the same info from the desktop PC. The program is set up to "synch" them but I was having some trouble getting the computers to see each other on the LAN. When I got that fixed I found that I had improperly set up the undocked license for the laptop. Know that I have all that fixed it is chugging away and updating. I figure it should be about 3 hours total to get it all done.

In the meantime I will make some calls and then I need to run to the book store and grab a book I have been waiting for to come in.

No comments: