10/14/2004

Lunch time is here...

And so is the pain. It seems to even be moving up a bit more. I will get a call in to the Doc and see if he has anything to say or if he wants me to come in and see him. The nice thing is that I live within 100 meters of the hospital and could crawl there if need be. Pain level which usually stays about 5-6 (2-3 with meds) is at about 7 right now with the meds, so I am not at all feeling like doing much.

The weather is still rather crappy and the temp has dropped into the 40's in the middle of the day. Looks like the weather man was wrong and the cold front showed up 3 days earlier then expected.

Hopefully Gil's wife has been able to contact his doc and they will get him squared away ASAP. Hopefully he will have some good news posted on his blog by the morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Opforsoldier,

Sorry you're not doing so good today. It can't be a bit nerve racking when the burning ands stiffnes starts to creep upward. It happens on me when I have a bad day. It seems to go straight up to when I had the epidural and then stop there. I think in my case that maybe the injection caused damage along the path the medication flowed down my spinal cord, and that is what is causing the burning and pain. It has gotten worse over the years, but it still isn't as bad as the rest. I don't know if this applies to your case, but it's some info even so.

Hope the weather improves for you!

opforsoldier said...

I have thought about where the pain is coming from but I had so many ESI's and a myleogram that I cannot be sure of anything. My ESI's were both at the L5/S1 for the spondy as well as at the C6 for damage they did to my radial nerve during the surgery when they put in the blood gas line.

Gil said...

Opps! I must have hit the anonymous button, that was me commenting before.

I know when they gave me the ESI, the anesthetic and epidural were both up in the middle of the thoratic region. I asked why they were doing that and she said the drug would just wash down to the affected area....

Sounds like they really poked some holes in you. That had to be rough.
Anyway, time for bed!