10/21/2004

DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE & SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY

DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE & SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY - DENIED, HOW TO WIN, TIPS

Found this site while looking for some other information on arachnoiditis. Funny that I should have found this as I recently have sent in the rest of my paperwork and am waiting for the interview to be done. According to this site people under 40 have a much tougher time getting anything approved.

It also covers how they expect people to return to their position.

As a former disability Examiner, myself, I can explicitly state the following: in many cases, Social Security Disability will expect an individual who has performed work of a certain exertional level to go back to that same job, or to a job where the exertional requirements are similar. Naturally, this implies a denial of a claimant's disability claim.

This often means that the person who performed medium-level work in the past (medium exertion is defined as the ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally and 25 lbs frequently) is expected to return to such work


Not sure how it will apply to others but my last position was generally a minimum of 50lbs and upwards of 175lbs daily and repeatedly. However, if they could figure out a way to stop the pain for the day I would love to return to my last job.

I do note that the Social Security disability evaluation page notes that they do not approve based on the degenerative disc disease, arachnoiditis or spondylolisthesis alone but rather the level of pain and inability to remain in the same position for a period of time without have to adjust yourself.

Hopefully I have done enough of the homework before submitting my paperwork and all goes smooth.

No comments: