2/14/2005

What are you listening to?

Have the headphones on while everyone else is watching TV so I can listen to Real Rhapsody. I tried the "Blog this" on the player but when I clicked on the link through the blog it would not display so I decided to do it manually. Going for a little retro to my days of Jr. & Sr. High School and listens to some Suicidal Tendencies. I wanted to listen to some Black Flag but they did not have them available for play.

I was listening to their original 1983 self titled release but right now it is Still Cyco After All These Years.

Now some of you are thinking "how can you listen to that crap" (my son says it all the time) but this is what I grew up on. Back in the early 80's this is what we listened to on Long Island. While I was not heavy in to the skateboarding that was booming in those days my little brother and I did get in to BMX and later on freestyle riding.

It seems funny looking back and realizing this is what I was doing when I was about my own sons age, almost surreal. I am by no means old but there is the same age difference between my son and I as there was between my father and I. I just remember thinking how "old" my parents were when I was that age, how old my son must think I am especially with my back being all jacked up.

No comments: