2/22/2005

So we have a few gates strategically placed around the house to keep the youngest from wandering off up the stairs or in to the laundry room.

This morning I was going over the gate to the front room and it caught my pant leg. Of course this put me flat on my face and the pain shot instantly from a 3 to a 9. My oldest went and woke my wife who wanted to call an ambulance for me. While I should have probably gone to the hospital I do not need an ambulance as I live less then 200' from the nearest ER.

I just lay there for a bit while the burning spread from my lower back, down my legs and in to my feet. One giant muscle spasm all at once. I decided that I should not go to the hospital because all they could do was pump me full of more meds and send me home. The ambulance ride that 200' would be billed at about $500, probably another few hundred for the ER and while insurance would cover some of it I just do not feel like having to pay a few hundred dollars for them to give me pain meds I already have.

So I crawled back to the recliner with my Uh-Oh Oreos and a soda and here I will stay for most of the afternoon. Maybe later on I will work on some of the flash animations I wanted to get done today, but we will see.

No comments: