2/13/2005

Dreary...

The weather today reminds me of my time in the Pacific Northwest, cool and drizzling. While I know it is not like that every day in the PNW it just seemed like most of the time I was there it was that way. I can understand how this might have an effect on people, which is generally referred to as seasonal affect disorder. Now I don't mind this weather one bit, in fact I think I prefer it, kind of the cozy feeling it brings about. Curled up on the couch under a blanket reading a book and sipping some tea.

I hit the W3C site today and was cruising around my sites validating my HTML and CSS, and was shocked to find that they only gave me 2 errors. One of which I disagree with, but oh well. What I did find was one of the editors I have been using to design the layouts for the CSS portions of the pages. It is called Cascade DTP and it is easy to use and understand straight "out of the box." Even if you have limited knowledge of style sheets this is easy to us. It also is a drop and drag layout editor so you can see it come to life as you use the tools. Nothing could be easier for a novice user to design a template for a blog or any other CSS projects you might have.

Another one that I have used is Macromedia Home Site which again is easy to use and understand. However this one does not have the drop and drag layout that Price-Media's does. It is also only a trial version so it will expire 30 days from the day you install it.

The World Wide Web Consortium website is a great place to sniff out new tricks as well as validate your code or to find software to help you design your projects. Tons of it is either freeware or shareware. There is also Tucows for your software needs. Tucows is another site that I use often to find something that I am interested in trying out but I do not want to spend the big bucks to find out you hate it. A lot of the software is either free or has a demo option as well they list from many of the major software companies like Macromedia, Adobe etc...

No comments: