2/15/2005

Are you the next Janis Joplin?

Well, there is maybe 1 person in the world that I think could even come close to that and she still would not make the cut. That would be Edie Brickell (from the Edie Brickell & New Bohemians) and married to Paul Simon.

Janis Joplin's estate has authorized a new reality show to see if they can find the next Janis. I say that it is an impossible task, no one could ever do that. Janis Joplin is undoubtedly the Queen of folk/blues/rock music and one of my all time favorite singers.

Her sultry crooning is unmatched to this day in my humble opinion and I seriously doubt that anyone could really even come close to the feeling she put in to her music. You don't just listen to her singing, you feel what she is singing. Very few artists have that ability.

No comments: