7/10/2005

Pain sucks...

I have been in decent pain all day and even with the max dose of my meds I am very uncomfortable. The pain has shifted majorly over to the right side of my back as well as the left which has been troublesome for some time. I know, I have said if it continued I would go see the doctor and I will.

My appointment for my monthly checkup is on the 20th so I will mention it to my doctor at that time but I will also need to make an appointment with the doctor who does all the imaging and he will probably want to do an MRI with contrast or possibly another myelogram although I will be saying "no freaking way" to that though unless the say it is 110% a must, and that is not likely.

I am not afraid of the pain that comes with having something jammed into your spine, which if the doctor is good is minimal, but rather I cannot stand the headaches that happen or the other problems (arachnoiditis) that they can cause. Screwing around with the cerebral spinal fluid, either by removing some or adding another substance such as contrast agents to the space, is not something I find fun. There are side effects that go along with ESI's as well as myelograms. Sure they will tell you that side effects are rare but they are not the ones getting the needle jammed an inch or so into their back.

No comments: