7/09/2005

Downloaded some new tools

I downloaded the Zoundry a blog editor which works with Blogger, movable Type 3.X and Type Pad and rather then have to log in to do an entry you can do it and then publish right from the desktop.

Download was less then a minute on DSL (less then 30 seconds) and install on XP SP2 was quick and painless. With download, install and setup to log in and publish was only 4 or 5 minutes. The editor itself has far more tools then the basic blogger editor which makes it easier for those who might not be proficient with all the editing tags of HTML and CSS. The only thing missing and it is a dooozie in my humble opinion is a spell checker so if you find a ton of them here, that is why!

The editor also allows you to add pictures to the entry, format them and then publish them with the entry which is pretty cool. I have not tried that out yet but I will have to give it a whirl to see how it goes. If you are like me then you probably are frustrated with using something like Picasa to get your photos online.

It also has a save feature so that if you are not online or near a connection you can get your entry in and publish later. I know I take my laptop almost everywhere I go and there are times when we are driving I just get the urge to put something down. I used to have to use Word or some other editor and then cut & paste and re-edit/format to fit.



No comments: