9/06/2004

Busted flat in Baton Rouge

Well looks like the storms that developed yesterday did not do much and we actually kept power the whole night. Seems in the recent months the local utility has had some problems keeping the transformer for my side of the street from working properly in the rain. We have lost power about 10 times since late May when we get heavy rain. Usually it is out for about 10-12 hours before they get it up again. Between that and the damage from the microburst my insurance company loves me! What really sucks when the transformer blows is that it is just our side of the street. Nothing better then losing power and seeing that 30' on the other side of the road they all have it. We are going to install a generator in the late fall or early winter so that we won't have to deal with this next year. We found a good model that with installation will be about $5k and it will run on NG.

Anyway, woke up with another headache so I headed downstairs at 0545 to find the meds and start a pot of coffee. It is probably not going to go away soon but we can at least hope that it does not get worse. Picture a migraine and multiply that by about 5 and your close to what I get. Thankfully they do not happen often and I am not noise/light sensitive with them. The doc's have done CT scans on them and they have all turned up normal so I am almost positive that they are residual effects of my back.

Today should be a fairly nice day. They are saying we will be in the 70's and breezy. Looks like we will be able to hang out on the deck for the day. Maybe I will finally get some time to read my book.

No comments: