11/21/2004

DVD and Game rentals?

Since I do not get out as much as I would like to and even though I have 200+ T.V. stations, every now and then there is not much on or I want to see a specific movie or play a game on the PS2. Going to places like blockbuster or Hollywood Video is expensive. A movie can be $3.50+ and games are usually even more then that and you only get them for a few days. Buying dvd's or games can get expensive and with the games once you finish them they sit on the shelf and collect dust. For games I have found sites like Gamefly and Gamemine.

I have subscribed to netflix and another DVD service for my movies and have thought about using one for the games too. However I don't want to pay $20 for dvd service and then another $20 for games so I did some searching and found a few services that rent both for one price. I found a few that seem to be decent but have not found much information or customer feedback on either. The first on is GamezNFlix and they seem to have the best deal. While I doubt that I would need 8 rentals at a time it is the cheapest plan if you pre-pay the year for $222. With that many movies/games at once though you could have several of each and never have to worry about the mailing lapse that occurs with a 2 or 3 rental limit. The other site is Players Choice but for even just 3 out it is $25 a month and to top that off their website leaves something to be desired. It looks like it was done by my 11 year old son. Something about a cheesy website really turns me off.

I guess I will have to try them all out with their trial period and see who does the best job, although with 8 out at a time I am leaning towards GamesNFlix.

No comments: