6/10/2005

These patches work anywhere...

The pain in the neck is very similar to the pain in the lower back but the meds do not seem to have much of an effect on it. I ended up popping a few Robaxin, hoping that this is more of muscle problem then a nerve issue but so far nothing. I broke down, cut a lidoderm patch in half and put it on either side where the pain is located. So far it seems to be working quite well.

Is it arachnoiditis? I doubt it but at the same time the pain is located at the same level/area where they gave me the stellate ganglion blocks after damaging the left radial nerve during my surgery. There is not much out there that seems to connect the blocks to any cases of arachnoiditis which really eases mind and like I said above makes me believe that this is more likely a pinched nerve or muscle problem. We will see what the next few days bring.

No comments: