6/09/2005

Morning stiffness...

The arthritis this morning is making me feel every bit that year older. What was supposed to be a dry week has turned out to be the exact opposite and in the last 3 days or so we have more the tripled the average monthly rainfall in this area.

I am not in a ton of pain but the joints are burning and so stiff that lying in bed hurt, getting up was worse and coming down the stairs was an absolute nightmare. I need to remember to bring my meds up stairs with me at night so that I can take them in the morning before coming down. I don't have the recliner I would like in the bedroom but we do have a glider that is fairly comfortable and I can just as easily watch the idiot box in the room for a bit until the meds kick in. Once they are working I am good to go for the stairs.

I have always wondered though if the arthritis created from having surgery is the same type as say from natural wear and tear on the joints. It just does not seem that drugs like Celebrex and Vioxx (as well as others) would have much if any effect on my arthritis. I can not imagine how people with rheumatoid arthritis get any relief from those medications. Thankfully I have an anti-inflammatory for this but I also have the pain meds for the days where it is really bad.

No comments: