4/15/2005

Well I took a day off from doing just about anything. I sat in my chair just watching the idiot box and tooling around the web. I was not really in the mood to do much so I went with that feeling and it seems to have worked out just fine.

The arthritis was pretty bad yesterday and that might have subconsciously influenced my decision to veg out. Since my arthritis is in the lower back when it flares movement involving the lower back is difficult. Since I stopped taking the NSAID I expect that this is going to occur from time to time but the upset stomachs have also stopped. I would rather have a few days with the stiffness then every other day eating TUMS by the box.

I have run the gamut of NSAID's and am just not interested in taking them anymore. The naprosyn leave me with an upset stomach and then the others like Celebrex and Mobic are linked to heart problems as well they are very expensive. They seem to be more bad then good so I just don't see the point in taking them anymore.

3 comments:

Saija said...

sorry if this question is off the wall ... i have given up on being well versed with perscription names (they change when they go generic, etc... and i just threw in the "knowing names" towel 10 years ago!) ... i was wondering if you take something to coat your stomache? leo does, and that helps alot ... a perscription type coater (rather than tums or such) ... those drugs are hard on the lining!

opforsoldier said...

I had asked the doc about that but it seems that one of the meds I take will not work properly if I take something along those lines. I even tried to drink milk (bleeeech!) to see what that would do.

Since I have stopped taking the naprosyn a few days ago I have not had the problem.

Saija said...

Leo is still my "chocolate milk" boy, so he does have that helping him too! *laughing* re your milk endorsement!