5/03/2005

Well things are getting worked out, we have a rental car to drive and my father brought up the baby seat from my sister. Right now it is a Chevy Cavalier but they are going to upgrade the car tonight to a Stratus and the good news is that they were running a special. Since we had to use our insurance company we had a $20 a day limit and the rental comes in at $19 a day.

We also had the car towed to our insurance companies auto repair contractor. Without even having the car on a lift to see the suspension damage and without removing any of the outer parts to really see what is going on, the damage is sitting at $4000 US. My guess is they will have to total it because if the body alone is that much I cannot even guess how much a bent axle and all the suspension parts will add to it.

The guy who owns the car is not returning the phone call from his own insurance company and he has not filed a claim for the damage to his car. They are also having trouble getting the girl who was driving to return their call as well when they were able to get in touch with the mother of the girl she claims that she has no idea what they are talking about. Guess I am going to have to send a copy of the police report to her mom!

The guys insurance company is being a royal pain in the ass, that's ok. We have the video and police reports so in the end they will be paying whether they like it or not. They are saying without talking to the driver of the car and the owner they cannot pay out. Ok, I can buy that. So I asked them what happens when they get a copy of the police report showing her fault? The lady told me that since the girl is not listed as a driver on the insurance, and without knowing she had permission they cannot pay out. Hahahaha...

I figured that if they do not contact the insurance by the end of the week and seeing how the girl is not listed on the insurance but was the driver I will go over to small claims court and file a suit against her and her parents, since she is a minor in this state they are legally responsible for her actions. My guess is that should get the ball rolling faster.

No comments: