5/16/2005

Insurance claims...

Well we got some good news today, their insurance has decided to pay the claim. They called me this morning to tell us they would and to get all the information to continue with the process.

Funny thing is that it took them 15 days to decide this, which is no big deal. However the guy I spoke with asked me where we would like to tow the car to and did we need a rental car and so on. I guess he could hear my chuckling and asked what was funny. It was actually kind of sad that they thought I would allow the car to sit around without being worked on for that long or that we would not have acquired a rental in the meantime.

I did ask why it took so long for the owner to call them and was further shocked to find out that they still have not spoken to the owner or the driver. I can only assume that my persistence in maintaining contact with the company, sending them all the copies of the police reports as soon as they were available as well as having video and pictures of the whole accident scene made them understand that in the end they were going to be paying this claim whether they cared to or not. We also found through a title search that the girl driving the car is indeed on the title of the car. So no matter if she was on the insurance or not she had permission to drive the car, which was their biggest sore spot.

No comments: