8/08/2005

Not much going on today. I tried to paint my oldest's room again but the roller we decided to use is not working like we had hoped. We went with a sponge, real sponge, roller in hopes of adding some depth and texture to the paint but it just did not come off like we were hoping. Now we need to re-think how we are going to do this.

My back has been on fire for the last few days and sleep has been difficult. I made a roll for my knees to prop on in bed and while it works for a bit I find it makes it much more difficult to find a new position with any ease. I wind up kicking it out of the bed and then having to fish for it later on. I just do not know what to do.

I am finding it more and more difficult to find a way to get comfortable but I have not told anyone really. I am sure my wife has figured it out (or she will when she reads this...) by the way I am constantly up and down and in and out of bed at night. I find myself having to get up and walk during the night so that I can get comfortable again. It is not often, usually once or twice a night and I will get up and come all the way down stairs and then back up before lying down. It is not much of a walk but it does ok. If I had my druthers I would drag the recliner upstairs every night to sleep in as it seems to be the one place I can lie down for more then 2 straight hours without adjusting. I simply adjust the foot rest which as my legs adjust so does my spine. Even a small adjustment will relieve some of the tension and pain.

We see the crackpot docs this week so we will see what they have to say.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

You could do like my husband, and sleep in the recliner every single day. It really does give him a much better night sleep, and I have gotten use to it by now, so it does not bother me anymore.

opforsoldier said...

My wife has said the same thing about the recliner. If it means I will get some sleep and be rested then she is all for it. What I have been doing recently though is when she gets in from work I head down to the chair and sleep.