10/04/2005

2 nights rest!

Having my wife home for the evenings has been great and couple that with a few nights of great rest on my "new" bed and I am quiet content.

We spent the last few nights having time after the boys were in bed to watch a movie by ourselves. Albeit we were upstairs watching it but instead of her falling asleep 10 minutes into it from having worked a 15 hour day she was awake through the credits and everything.

Tonight though I lose her to one of her friends for a few hours. It seems this friend has decided to go ahead and have breast augmentation surgery. This was out of the blue and she went from an A to a D cup from what I have been told. Of course having been under general anesthesia this afternoon she has to have someone with her for the next 24 hours, which is even more surprising that they allow patients to be released before that 24 hours is up.

This is a good friend of my wife's and I personally think she is a nice girl, although she is a bit younger then we are. My concern for her is that this was a spur of the moment choice and perhaps one that she really does not want and possibly cannot afford. I hope I am wrong but with the speed this decision was made and the lack of a solid reason I doubt it.

So for the next 3 hours my wife is going to go sit with her as her roommate has class this evening. I told her to bring something to read as I doubt her friend is going to be much of a conversationalist and she does not have a computer (or the internet) and the TV only gets the 3 local stations.

My back has been feeling good for the last 2 days since sleeping on the bed. I did not adjust it much last night, just enough to raise my knees and take a bit of the pressure off my lower back. I once again slept straight through the night waking up with my youngest at about 7am which was early enough for him to then take a nap this afternoon.

His nap went fairly well but I made the mistake of adjusting the bed while he was sitting near it and he did not like that one bit. From there everytime I tried to adjust it he would holler for me to "put it down", the poor guy. To be so young and not understand what is happening must be pretty scary. When he finally fell asleep I adjusted it back so I could watch TV for a bit and then I feel asleep for about an hour as well.

Tonight however I have another movie for my wife and I to watch, Robots which we are looking forward too believe it or not. Last night was The Lords Of Dogtown which was a good movie but more so perhaps because that is the generation I was growing up during and when my brother and I first started to skate and ride BMX. A lot of the names in the movie were our idols as kids.

Well it is time to get the boys something to eat.

No comments: