9/13/2005

Sleep will do you good

I must have slept for most of the day yesterday. I recall seeing the clock saying it was about 9:30pm and wondering how was I ever going to sleep through the night as I had been sleeping all day. Of course the next thing I knew the clock said 6am.

I do feel better this morning, a bit at least. I do not have that run down feeling which I have to say is the worst of it all. Being sick sucks it is worse when you have that rundown feeling to go along with it. I still have the dry cough and a bit of sinus congestion but nothing a little Sudafed or Robistussin should not be able to handle.

My youngest is too funny. He was snacking on his pop tart (S'mores flavor) when he asked mom for another snack. Well of course mom told him that he could not have another one because he just got his pop tart. So the little bugger throws the pop tart in the trash and tells mom "I'm done can I have something else?" LOL!

He is really starting to speak in complete paragraphs now. 2-3 sentences at a time and very clear for the most part. Clear enough that people who are not around him all day long can understand him as well. He can also read some basic words and sentences, especially his favorite TV shows from the TV menu. D'oh! We have the TiVo and he has learned how to turn on his favorite shows.

It is a pain in the butt actually because he also deletes shows. We started hiding the TiVo remote when we leave the room but he figured out how to use the console itself to do the same thing. The only thing I can think of is to build a shelf for that stuff or perhaps by an armoire with a locking door. Not sure but unplugging them is not an option as he has figured out how to rip the outlet covers from the wall and plug things in anyway. We even have the good outlet covers that actually "clip" into place. Not sure how he gets them out but he does...

Well we are expecting severe hail and a ton of rain according to the national weather folks. Surprisingly my back is not hurting as I would expect from a storm this size. I am not comfortable but I am not in hard pain either. Perhaps we will have a good day all around! Maybe I will make some brownies this afternoon.

No comments: