9/22/2005

A fair day...

I was so sore this morning that I thought I was not going to make it down the stairs! After a few days in the winery I did not realize that I was really that bad off. I was not able to go in today as my wife needed to head to her former employers and sign for her final paycheck and some other stuff. Her new position starts on Monday bright and early!

While she did that I spent the afternoon with my youngest who now has that crappy cold we have been passing back and forth. The poor kiddo is nothing but snot and drool. Since his sinuses are so congested he is keeping his mouth wide open to breathe and that of course leads to drool which he was already a champion at without the cold. We have been giving him all the stuff we have trying to once again find the right combo to alleviate the symptoms. The lunch time dose worked like a charm and he was able to take a good 2 hour nap and right now he is down for the evening after another dose and a warm bath. I have set his pillow up so he can sleep a bit elevated and hopefully it will help him sleep through the night.

We took the boys out for a cheap dinner, the local Chinese Buffet as none of us were in the mood to cook and both my wife and oldest son love that buffet. Of course the oldest loves any buffet or restaurant for that matter, just like most 12 year old boys I would suspect. Myself? The Chinese buffet is good but I would prefer to spend that money on gas and drive to the mall about 45 minutes from us with a real NYC style pizza shop. They make the best pie in the state and we have been known to drive down there on a whim just to get some! Yes, it is that good.

I am actually comfortable this evening. The foot is not buzzing this afternoon, no muscle spasms and only a small knot in the middle of my back (probably from being overworked this week). I only had to take 1/4 of the evening dose of breakthrough meds at dinner time and since I did not take a nap this afternoon (I watched the idiot box) I am hoping that as soon as I crawl in between those cool sheets and my head hits my super comfortable down pillow I will be off to dreamland for the next 8-9 hours. If I could have more days like this I would be good to go.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Sorry you and the youngest are not feeling too good today. Glad that your wife found a job. Tell her that I said good luck.