9/05/2005

Headaches again...

The headaches seem to be coinciding with the doldrums, even when the headaches are not severe I have noticed that my mood swings to the other side. Nothing seems to work on them any more either. Each time we switch the drugs I get a few months relief but as I grow tolerant of the medication the headaches come back and with a vengeance.

None of the docs seem to be wanting to do a CT Scan or an MRI even though it has been some time since the last one. I was thinking about heading to the ER at like 1am the next time the headaches come around and having them do one. At this point I am willing to try just about anything to find out what is causing them although I suspect the arachnoiditis is the culprit.

The pain in the middle of the back was not so bad today but that is because it seems to have migrated. Never a dull moment! Actually even in the new spot, slightly off to the right and right above the buttock, it is not too bad. More of an "overworked" feeling rather then the usual burning. Funny how what might have once been a good 5 or 6 on the pain scale is no considered to be a good day. LOL! We have to find the good in all I suppose.

The pain med study begins again this month and I plan on giving the doctor running the study a call tomorrow. I missed it by 1 day last time. I had the appointment set and got the call the very night before the appointment to begin it to tell me that they had filled and there was no more room. Since this study just begins tomorrow I figure I should be good to go if I get there on the first day. Now if I can just make sure I am part of the study and not the control!

The cold however is gone. I don't feel rundown like the other day and thankfully so because couple that with the headache and I would have been more cranky then my wife has been telling me. I don't like being like that and I certainly do not try to be but it is like it happens and you have no control over it. You don't realize that you are doing it because all you can concentrate on at times is the pain, or rather the opposite of it. I try to spend that time sleeping as if I am sleeping the pain is generally under control for a few hours and I am not being cantankerous.

No comments: