12/06/2005

My back is killing me tonight. I spent most of the evening trying to "winterize" the back room as it has been FREEZING cold in that room and is killing me when it comes to the electric and gas bills. What changed from last year I don't know but I think I fixed the largest problem.

Where the back sliding glass doors are there was a good 1/2" gap between the tiles and the door where it looks like the mortar has come up and the wind was just whipping in through there. I bought a can of that expanding foam and filled the cracks in at the bottom and then up the side of the door where it joins the frame of the house. I can already feel a major difference in the room and hope it will stay that way. I just need to get a razor and trim back where it expanded past the edges or risk having the moron dog try and eat it again.

My aunt is in town and will be at our house tomorrow so I am off like a busy little bee to get everything ready for tomorrow.

No comments: