12/27/2005

Christmas Day

So Christmas was a great day. I spent the morning with my family at home watching Colm unwrap his gifts from Santa. We were worried at first that he would not quite understand the concept of unwrapping but after the first one he was all over it. In fact we had to stop him as after he finished with his presents as he went on to try and unwrap the gifts we had for my niece and nephews.

Santa was kind to him, bringing Candyland®, Memory® for kids, crayons, markers, slippers, PJ's and some Play-Do® sets, which he just loves to play with his big brother. At my parents house is where he got some of the best toys a 3 year old can hope for. There Santa left him Tinker Toys® which I have been playing with for the last few days, a handmade wooden dump truck which is really cool, some more PJ's and a huge dinosaur set where you set up the village and then the dinosaur comes rumbling through destroying it. I thought it was funny that he got that as we bought my niece the second piece to the set without knowing what they would be getting at my folks house.

As for me, my plan for my wife's present went well, but I ended up being the one surprised. What I had bought her was some pieces from Arbonne. My sister is an Arbonne director and they had a kit with all the essential pieces on sale for $165. Now I knew that was more then my wife would spend on me, so I told her that I had only spent about $30, "the lie", and figured I would deal with the consequences later on. I knew she really wanted these things and would not buy them on her own, so we did.

The deal was that I would pay my sister a $20 week until I paid here her off but apparently before I was able to start paying her, my mother found out what was going on and paid my sister the whole amount as part of my Christmas present. So I guess the surprise was on me.

I got a kick ass pair of pajamas from my folks but the center piece was a giant butcher block for my kitchen. This thing is a good 3'X3' and 3" thick easily and came on a rolling platform with some shelves and a pull out basket. This is the butcher block that makes other butcher blocks jealous.

Anyway, it was a great day. It was really nice to spend a relaxing day with my family and not have to feel like we were all in competition with each other over who got/gave the biggest present.

No comments: